David S. Levy has over 20 years of experience advising and representing both insurance companies and policyholders in complex coverage disputes involving property and liability insurance.
Mr. Levy has represented property insurers in litigation involving over a billion dollars in property damage and business interruption, as well as liability insurers in complex environmental and asbestos coverage disputes involving billions of dollars.
Mr. Levy has represented policyholders, primary and excess insurers, and reinsurers in insurance coverage litigation involving:
- All Risk/Property Insurance
- Comprehensive/Commercial General Liability Insurance
- Equipment Breakdown Coverage/Boiler & Machinery Coverage
- Wrap-Up Insurance
- Media Liability Insurance
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Employment Practices Liability Insurance
David Levy also has extensive experience in the area of insurance bad faith law and in pursuing subrogation recoveries for insurers against responsible parties.
Legal Services for Insurers:
Mr. Levy offers a wide range of legal services ranging from providing coverage opinions to defending insurance companies in coverage litigation. We are attentive, responsive and a cost-effective alternative to large firms because of our efficiency and lower hourly rates. But most of all, our clients benefit from David Levy’s 20-year track record of obtaining favorable results for insurance companies.
Legal Services for Policyholders:
In addition to representing policyholders in coverage disputes with their insurance carriers, Mr. Levy reviews insurance coverage for policyholders to determine whether they have a potential claim. The following policyholders should contact the Law Offices of David S. Levy:
- Homeowners or business owners who have suffered property damage (e.g., due to fire, flood, earthquake, water intrusion, mold, construction defects)
- Businesses that have suffered interruption due to property damage or equipment breakdown
- Individuals and businesses that have been sued by third parties (to determine whether their liability insurance provides coverage for the suits or obligates their insurance company to pay for their defense)